Here they come! It's the Bruce Springsteen Not-Quite-News Roundup
No, there's nothing breaking that we'd call actual, bonafide Bruce Springsteen news — i.e. a tour announcement or a new album — but there is plenty of Springsteen ephemera floating around out there, and we're the ones to bring it to you.
• Remember that time Bruce and Stevie got together in a bowling alley to ask each other personal questions for an hour and a half? It happened last October, and 250 lucky people saw it in person — but from May 12-15 you'll be able to stream it yourself for $25, a benefit for Stevie's TeachRock charity.
• So Springsteen's contribution to Bob Dylan's "Subterranean Homesick Blues 2022" video is, well, cute but underwhelming. You can spot his telltale handwriting on two cards (41 & 42) in the clip, below:
• Looking forward to seeing Bruce and Gary Clark Jr. tackle The Beatles' "Come Together" when PBS airs highlights from the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor ceremony honoring Jon Stewart on June 21. (You can watch fan video at NJarts.)
• It's been 48 years since Jon Landau saw rock 'n' roll's future, as commemorated this week on Twitter by famed photographer Barry Schneier — let's hope he gets to update that "now" photo pretty soon!
• In case there was any doubt that Elon Musk is dumping $45 billion into a whole vat of stupid, the latest ridiculous Twitter argument asked who was better, Bruce Springsteen or Kid Rock? (Not asked but of equal relevance: Bruce Springsteen or an old potato?)
• ICYMI: Here's what Bruce has to say about Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
• Springsteen Reddit post of the week:
Springsteen Twitter Post of the Week: